picture book shelves for emerson's room

I've loved ledge shelving for a long time and am excited to try this out in Emmy's nursery. The ledge shelves for picture books are so adorable, right?

pinterest

I think the beautiful cover art of the books can add so much character to a room. Plus it's fun for kids to be able to so easily see all their favorites, rather than scouring spines to find what they want to read.

cindy espinoza — great diy instructions here too

ana white

You could easily buy these (Ikea, Target, West Elm), but my plan is to save a little money and get more of an original look by making them (okay, having Michael make them) in a rustic/aged wood. I'm planning these for the empty wall behind the chair. Of course, we have a lot on our hands now and have no idea when we'll be able to get to a project. But I'm counting on Michael having some downtime over the winter when work slows down. And ugh, sorry for the dark pic by the way. I am just noticing this. Need to work on my photo skills, clearly.

the nursery today

Other plans: a cushy ottoman so we can put our feet up when relaxing with our little girl and some art for over the dresser. Will be scouring ideas for inexpensive/diy art/wall decor today. Again, as long as Emmy keeps taking her naps and gives Momma some free time today. So far, so good. Cross your fingers for me.

2 comments

Holly Gruszka said...

It took us some time to get Sheila's room decorated the way we wanted it. I remember we didn't have window treatments for a while, and when she got a little older the light was a big issue so that got remedied quickly. I love the book ledges - great way to display the favorites.

Ava said...

I just have to say, I am not a baby person, but your baby is SUPER cute:) Love those chunky arms! Beautiful job with the nursery!