a teen girl's room

This week I've been working on pulling together a new grownup look for a girl's bedroom. So fun! And this girl's got style! The bedding we started with was her choice, a bright raspberry red duvet with a little ruched embroidered detail in plum.


I presented quite a few fabric choices and was thrilled that she picked the one I adored. It perfectly pulls out the grape color of the embroidery in the bedding, tones down the bold red/pink of the duvet, and a classic linen, it's going to look incredible in this room even way beyond the teen years.


The wall color is a light greyed-down lavender, and we even decided to do a shade darker in the alcove where the bed will be placed, a great way to add interest and coziness.



Round it out with some other chic elements, like a graceful full-length mirror...
And a lounge area with floor seating, a cozy rug, a coffee table...

And I'd say this is one space any girl would be excited to call her own. Can't wait to see how mom and daughter make this dream room a reality. I promise to post pictures when it's done!

If you want help creating a room you'll love, contact me about my design services.

10 comments

Ashley said...

Ooh, this looks like it's going to be a fantastic space for a teenager! Love the block-print (?) fabric that you've chosen!

Happy Friday, Casey! Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Oooooh! I would have loved a room like this as a teenager. Can't wait to see it all finished.

Unknown said...

So fun and sophisticated! Love the fabric especially. I shared your office lamp update on Room Rx today, such a fun detail that packs a punch!
http://roomrx.blogspot.com/2011/10/fresh-fabric-friday-robert-allens.html

Cathy

Shannon @ Project Shannon said...

GREAT mirror! :) It's fabulous in person. Better hurry and go grab one though! Can't wait to see how the room turns out.

Holly Gruszka said...

What a fun room this is going to be! I love the bold bedding that was selected and the beautiful fabric that you've chosen too. It looks like it's going to be a great cozy space for this girl to enjoy for a while. I love the idea of doing a different paint color in the alcove too.

Karen said...

You had me with the fabric, love it! Sophisticated and fun, that is one lucky girl.

Brin said...

do you have finished pics of this? This is exactly the color scheme I'm using for my daughters room and I'm needing inspiration!

casey at loft and cottage said...

I wish I did, Brin. This was my proposal, but the client ended up going in a different direction and so it doesn't look anything like this now! The walls stayed yellow and it's not exactly how I envisioned it!

Unknown said...

I LOVE these colors!! My daughters do as well. We are starting to redo their "shared" bedroom soon. I'm having trouble with colors though.. we are either doing two seperate twin beds or the twin "L" shaped beds with the 67" hutch in the corner. My eldest daughter absolutely loves this bedding and these colors. What colors would u recommend using for the other bed? Should I use the same colors just different accents for personality.

casey at loft and cottage said...

Hi Tera! So exciting to be planning a big redo for your girls. I like the idea of using the same bedding on each bed but maybe varying the patterns and bringing in different pillows for each bed so they each have their own personality. Good luck and thanks for reaching out! Would love to see their room when you're done! ~Casey