winter curb appeal part II

Some front porch winter decorating finally got done, just in time for the weekend storm, and in time for Christmas. I wanted lights, but there's no electrical outlet outside this old house, and I would love some simple square copper planters like the ones below (I'm not sure if I love or am just amused by the pine cone balls!) to frame the steps or the front walk. Festive.


But budget rules, and this is what the front of my house looks like now, for just under $20.

For the window boxes I trimmed some arbor vitae from the backyard and picked up some bittersweet branches (with berries hardly visible!), a few sprays of cedar, and what I am calling "icicle branches." Pretty, and a little sparkly, and I can use them year after year.


Here's a closeup of the front door, with a wreath made by my very talented and creative mother, dressed simply with pearls. I added the ribbon, in a beautiful olive green (with a little bit of gold) color that I am in love with. I wish I'd bought more of this ribbon when I found it years ago. Lesson learned. When you spot a great find, or see something you know you'll really love for your home, pounce on it. You will not regret it.


Hope this post gets you all in a great holiday mood. If not, do a little festive winter decorating today to get yourself in the spirit! Happy holidays, everyone!

No comments